This recipe is courtesy of InspiredDreamer!
Last Sunday, I decided to start back into cooking and baking on a regular basis. My mum is more than happy with this decision, of course, as it gives her an excuse to teach me all her tricks - and it also gives her a night off from cooking. ;-)
This quickie recipe was discovered on Pinterest. Follow the link above to visit the person's website who was so kind to share this recipe! Combined with jasmine rice and this was the perfect quick dinner recipe. It's also great for lunches or a healthy snack!
- boneless chicken, 3 breasts
- 3 or 4 limes
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- cayenne or chili powder (chili powder tastes better with the cumin)
- 1/4 snipped cilantro
- avocado (optional)
- Mince the garlic, snip the cilantro and zest a lime. Juice the lime carcass along with 2 more limes. Cut the lime into wedges. If you're adding the avocado, slice it, too. These will serve as garnish.
- Cube the chicken.
- Pour just enough olive oil into a large skillet to cover the bottom. Heat it over medium-high heat until it's very hot, almost smoking. Add the chicken and let it cook undisturbed.
- Once the chicken is browned nicely on the bottom, sprinkle it generously with cumin and chili powder (essentially, add as much or as little as you want; to taste). Let it cook another minute or 2, until the white line has moved about halfway through the pieces.
- Turn the chicken and let it cook another couple of minutes, long enough to brown. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic and lime zest. Stir it a little and let cook for another 2 minutes, but don't let the garlic burn.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the lime juice and stir everything up.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve up with some jasmine rice or anything with your choice!