Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day #3: Bleh Moments

Yesterday was a no-energy day. I've been trying to accustom myself to getting up at eight every morning, because then I can get so, so much more done before heading into work. And that means fewer things to do when I get home! But I'm not a morning person. Even though I don't dread them like I used to, I'm still not really awake before 9AM.

Naturally, I didn't get to bed the previous night as soon as I should have, as I was reading a very good book (again). So I was very tired in the morning, didn't really wake up all day, spent two hours in town doing bank and other errands, dashed back home to bake garlic knots and hang out with a friend for a while (she was in town from school), and then headed out to go swing dancing for the rest of the evening.

Dancing always wakes me up, so of course when I got home, I didn't want to go to sleep! So I stayed up for another half hour reading. . . .And we wonder why I look like a raccoon today. ;-)

No-energy days used to get me down for weeks, sometimes an entire month. I stopped being excited about anything, I got completely out of my schedule, I didn't want to do anything. But I was surprised to find that this time, I was able to acknowledge that no-energy days happen, and when they do, just don't think about everything you have to do - and definitely don't think about the rest of the week. Just concentrate on the moment.

I was able to feel less swamped and today I feel a lot more excited about the week again. It will be good to go rock climbing, though; the exercise always makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment