Friday, February 13, 2015

Sweet & Sour: Pets and Dancing


Sweet & Sour is a weekly feature where I talk about one "sweet" thing that happened - and one "sour" thing. Because life throws us lemons and cookies! But because bad news should always come first, we're doing this in reverse order!

The Sour
Jamie

Our Irish Water Spaniel, Jamie, has been diagnosed with bone and lung cancer. She's only got a month at most to live, so we're preparing for the loss of another beloved pet and keeping her as comfortable as possible until the end. Jamie has been with my family for a long time and she's one of the best-tempered dogs to ever exist. We're animal people - we love our pets as much as if they were just extra members of the house - and it's always really, really hard to lose one. Especially to something like cancer. The news has the entire household pretty down and upset, and I think the cloud will only get worse.

The Sweet

I got new swing/Lindy Hop shoes! And yes, I picture will follow very, very soon (I promise! I just have to grab the camera!). I tested them out Tuesday night and they are absolutely. A 100% reproduction of 1950's black-and-white saddle shoes, they've got suede soles for dancing - and they're made of real leather and smell gorgeous.


No comments:

Post a Comment